Fashionate Reminiscence: All in God's Time

"Imagine the giggly wiggly feeling Queenee and I felt that night - total cloud nine (I still smile whenever that comes to mind)!"

So I think I'm dedicating an entire entry about the start of my modelling dreams. Well, I have to give the credits to Ms. Liza L. Evangelista, who has been our designer through the years - prom, grad ball, events, name it! A number of my fashionate dreams actually came true through her.

I had my first ever photoshoot for her design. That was back in October 2008. The photo was taken by Mr. RV Mitra, and the makeup was done by his wife Ms. Maila Mitra (an architect-WCOPA champion-makeup artist). I just have to say, they're the perfect team to work with!

Anyway, it was an outside shoot. I can still remember how thrilled and nervous I was that day. I think I ended up kinda stiff, and the weather wasn't really cooperating. We weren't able to finish, but good thing Kuya RV was able to take a nice photo of me before we all call it a day. Kuya RV actually narrated it all HERE.

'A Gloomy Day at the Park'
Design by: Liza L. Evangelista
Hair and Makeup by: Maila Mitra
Photo by: RV Mitra

A year after, Ate Liza (the designer and our cousin's better half) asked my sister Queenee and I to grace Lancaster Hotel's catwalk for a wedding-themed fashion show. Sadly, it fell on the same day as my UPCAT (University of the Philippines entrance exam) so I had to pass. I knew then that there would be more opportunities in store for me so I need not worry.

True enough, the following year, Ate Liza informed us that my sister and I were to model for her again! Not only that, it was a back-to-back shoot! The first was for her own design portfolio/website (which is not yet finished to date), and the other was for a magazine! We just found out about the latter the night before the scheduled date of the photoshoot. Imagine the giggly wiggly feeling Queenee and I felt that night - total cloud nine (I still smile whenever that comes to mind)!

Long gown made of sunset-dyed jusi worn by Ms. Tahiti in the 2008 Miss Earth Pageant
Model: Ceiy (Queenee) Angeles
Design by: Liza L. Evangelista
Hair and makeup by: Jan Enero
Photo by: Darrel Pobre of Bleach N Stain (BNS) 

Long gown with sexy back
Design by: Liza L. Evangelista

Hair and makeup by: Jan Enero
Photo by: Darrel Pobre of Bleach N Stain (BNS)


'Corporate Wear' mini dress
Design by: Liza L. EvangelistaHair and makeup by: Jan Enero
Photo by: Darrel Pobre of Bleach N Stain (BNS)

As featured in Weddings & Beyond 2010 issue
Design by: Liza L. Evangelista
Photo by: Darrel Pobre of Bleach N Stain (BNS)
My dreams came true. My prayers were answered.



Now I am just so grateful with all the blessings I have been receiving. Yes, there were times of impatiently waiting for other projects to come. But looking back, all that has happened came unexpectedly, and all in perfect timing! I still believe that everything that has yet to come will arrive in God's time, and I am willing to wait whatever it takes! ☺


And oh, If I may just add.. Recently, if you've been following my blog, you know that I joined a fashion show/contest where I won. I am still in awe with the amount of support I received! So again, I want to thank you for liking and sharing my photo! I appreciate it. Really. THANK YOU! ♥


So there, this is the longest post I have so far and thank you for taking time to read!


'Til next time.
Xxo, DFN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Follow Daffynitely

About